Popular posts from this blog
Library/Office Refresh
This house has a really awesome library/office that used to be the formal dining room. The dining room was cut off from the kitchen when they converted the butlers pantry into a storage closet (and added stairs down to the basement - you used to only be able to enter through the bilco doors outside). This room was lined almost floor to ceiling with built in shelving. We quickly filled them with books and all my thrifting purchases for selling (I sell vintage baby/kid clothes and other knick knacks I find when I'm out thrifting. Check out my Ebay and Instagram pages - busy_bab if you want to see what is currently for sale). I knew I wanted to go darker in this room to offset all the light/bright in the living room (you access the office from the living room). I wanted something really dark, a dark hue of blue/green. Eventually I landed on this color, Balmy Night by Clark + Kensington. It's quite dark, but, because I left the shelving all wh...
DIY Drum Shade
Do probably the most recent DIY project was this DIY Drum Shade for our dining area. In my opinion, I think it looks so much better than the black metal with frosty white lamps chandelier that came with the apartment. What you will need: - 23" Quilting/embroidery Hoop (2 of them) or a size that works for your table/dining area (I ordered them from Jo Ann Fabrics) - a table runner measuring at least 74 inches so fit around the embroidery hoops - string/wire to attach to existing light fixture Directions: 1) unscrew the out ring of each embroidery hoop and lay the inner ring on a flat surface. 2) wrap the table runner around the inner ring lengthwise, the table runner will overlap with itself a bit 3) slide the outer hoop around the table runner and inner ring so that the table runner is squeezed in between the two rings 4) repeat with the other end of the table runner 5) tie string to one of the embroidery hoops by either sewing or gluing and affix to the existing ligh...

Comments
Post a Comment