What you will need:
- 23" Quilting/embroidery Hoop (2 of them) or a size that works for your table/dining area (I ordered them from Jo Ann Fabrics)
- a table runner measuring at least 74 inches so fit around the embroidery hoops
- string/wire to attach to existing light fixture
1) unscrew the out ring of each embroidery hoop and lay the inner ring on a flat surface.
2) wrap the table runner around the inner ring lengthwise, the table runner will overlap with itself a bit
3) slide the outer hoop around the table runner and inner ring so that the table runner is squeezed in between the two rings
4) repeat with the other end of the table runner
5) tie string to one of the embroidery hoops by either sewing or gluing and affix to the existing light fixture (this will be different for different light fixtures, you'll kind of have to find your own way.