Saturday, February 23, 2019

Flower Wall Mural

My family recently moved to Wisconsin, just outside of Milwaukee and we are absolutely loving it!  We lived in Lansing, Michigan for almost 7 years, and while there are friends/family there that we miss, there isn't much else about the place that I have found myself missing.  Don't get me wrong, I love Michigan, and if we had the chance to move back closer to my family or in a different city, we would likely do it, but Lansing was just not it for us.  Milwaukee, however, I feel is like this hidden gem...it is such a cool place but you hardly ever hear about it.  It has its problems, for sure, like any larger city does, but for the most part the people I have encountered here really care about the place they live, which is so refreshing.

Being in a place that we love has really increased my desire to make my mark on my place, to settle in and get involved.  So I find myself not only coming up with more creative outlets, but I actually have great motivation to get things started.  We were in limbo for so long in Lansing, I think a lot of that motivation comes from pent up creative energy.  A

Anyway, my latest project was painting a floral mural in my kids playroom.  Who knows if it will stay there or be painted over in the coming years, but it was the perfect canvas.  Below are some before and afters:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...