Saturday, March 28, 2020

1885 House

When we first moved into our 1885 queen anne victorian in 2018, it was pretty much a blank slate full of character.  Aside from the projects that needed our attention (mainly fixing an issue with the chimney, which we knew about before purchasing), there wasn't much in the way of repair, so I went ahead and got started on choosing colors that were more to our (haha, my) taste. I also wanted to invest in a really good dining room table (we didn't even have one in our old house) so I figured I would start in the dining room and get going!

But first, a couple pictures to show just how 'blank slate' this house was.



The formal living room, which for now is our playroom.  Though I have dreams of enclosing the large opening with glass doors and making it a music room. 


This large opening would have glass doors if my plans come true. ;)

The family room, the center of the house, where we spend most of our time. 

View into the dining room.  I love the colored glass, but I'd love to somehow change the red.  I'm not a fan of red. 



the library/office which used to be the formal dining room (Do people still design formal dining rooms anymore?)

The now-formal dining room where I focused my energies when we first moved in.

I love the built in cabinets here!

And the dark cave of a kitchen...I had plans to change this color almost as soon as I laid eyes on it!

back entry mudroom/sunroom

front entry

master bedroom (yes that is our sink, it is tiny, but it works for us)

large guest bathroom (mostly used by our kids)

back yard (sadly the hot tub didn't work and we have plans to ditch it eventually)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...