Monday, March 30, 2020

Library/Office Refresh


 This house has a really awesome library/office that used to be the formal dining room. The dining room was cut off from the kitchen when they converted the butlers pantry into a storage closet (and added stairs down to the basement - you used to only be able to enter through the bilco doors outside).  This room was lined almost floor to ceiling with built in shelving.  We quickly filled them with books and all my thrifting purchases for selling (I sell vintage baby/kid clothes and other knick knacks I find when I'm out thrifting.  Check out my Ebay and Instagram pages - busy_bab if you want to see what is currently for sale).

I knew I wanted to go darker in this room to offset all the light/bright in the living room (you access the office from the living room).  I wanted something really dark, a dark hue of blue/green.  Eventually I landed on this color, Balmy Night by Clark + Kensington.  It's quite dark, but, because I left the shelving all white, it doesn't feel at all cave-like.  I may, in fact, eventually paint the shelves as well for a bit more drama.




The color can look anywhere from navy to black to a dark teal.  The rug I bought on Amazon.  I didn't want anything too nice because this room doesn't get used too frequently and I was planning on punch a hole in it for the computer cables. 


The desk we used is actually from IKEA.  I want to eventually replace the table top with a single slab, live edge piece, but that is for a future date. The chairs were both thrifted.




The Before

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...