Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wall Mural - In the Bleak Midwinter



I took a break from renovating rooms in the February after we moved in.  It was a particularly bad winter.  Very, very cold with a ton of snow.  So we were stuck inside quite a bit (it was just too cold to venture out for long). I needed a project to distract me and bring me joy, so this is what resulted!  I drew inspiration from my favorite illustrator/small business owner Anna Rifle Bond from Rifle Paper Co. I just love all of her stuff and color palette. If my budget were limitless, I would just own everything she ever made.

I used the same color I had in the library/office as the backdrop (Balmy Night) and went to town. It brings me joy each time I see it.

The process wasn't super involved.  I bought three paint sample size cans in red, blue and yellow and mixed the colors myself.  Eventually, once the kids playroom moves to the third story, I want to add some built in shelves on the left side wall, framing the window with a padded bench for seating.  the piano (which we will eventually purchase) will go on this wall, or to the right.  There is a fire place opposite this wall, which I'd love to put a few cozy chairs around and french door to close this room off.  It gets a lot of northern exposure light, just a beautiful room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...