Thursday, April 16, 2020

1885 House Mood Board

Once I had finished the living room, I fell into a little bit of rut in terms of inspiration for the rest of the house. I decided to create a mood board for the house, which is something I had never down before.   I thought it would bring me some clarity about what I have going on in the house already and where I might like to focus my attention next.




This isn't complete, but it is clarifying for me in terms of what colors are there, what colors to stay away from and which ones to incorporate. Also, at this point, I had ordered from fabric in the top right area from Rifle Paper Co and made plans to make curtains for the front window. There were red curtains and I just don't do red anywhere in my design decisions.  I think I have painted one surface red ever, and that was eventually changed to navy blue. So I knew the red had to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...