Friday, April 3, 2020

Living Room Paint 3/4 wall

The living room as it currently stands is still very much in flux.  Almost all the furniture in there now is furniture we brought with us and is stuff that was given to us, so it is old.  BUT, I wanted to change a couple things about the space in the interim including the wall color.  I chose Quiet Mint by Sherwin Williams but chose to paint just the first 2/4-3/4 of the wall.  I thought this might make the space feel cozier, stunt the height of the 10 foot ceilings. I'm not sure if that is what it actually did, but I like it for now.
view from the living room looking into the dining room

I thrifted these lamps (left) as well as the matching end tables that double as storage

The curtains were left over fabric from a different project. I'm eventually going to replace them with a pull down shade.  I'm trying to avoid anything that takes away from the gorgeous window and trim. 

I added a knick knack shelf to store stray books and photo albums.
   My future plans included replacing the old couch (not pictured) and possibly updating the rug as well.   But for now, it works. We are saving up to do the third story, so all big purchases will have to wait til after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...