Monday, April 27, 2020

Kitchen Update: Dishwasher + Panel


My dishwasher broke about a week into the Coronavirus crisis and social distancing (ugh).  The dishwasher came with the house and it had been sub par pretty such ever since it conked out on me the morning of our first Thanksgiving in our house!  I have been able to repair it every time, but when it stopped working this time, I just could sense that it wasn't coming back to life with a good lump of cash invested in it. So we bit the bullet and ordered a new dishwasher and I could be more pleased with it. 

I intentionally ordered a panel-ready dishwasher after seeing a number of Instagram accounts I follow install one of their own to match the cabinetry.   With our kitchen being on the smaller side (it if great if only one person is in there, but get 2+ people or kids and it quickly gets out of hand), I thought having a panel that blended in with the rest of the cabinetry was worth the extra time and money. 

I ordered a cabinet front from Fast Cabinet Doors and got started!  I needed some additional lumber to attach to the back of the panel so it matched the cabinetry around my kitchen a bit better. I used an extra door handle so the handle matched the other cabinets (I'd love to eventually update the hardware, but that is for another day).

Overall I am really happy with it!  And it was another easy project and install, so win, win! Oh and the functioning dishwasher is a BIG improvement. 










I will eventually install a toe kick underneath the dishwasher so that it matches the surrounding cabinets, but that is a minor detail that isn't noticed, so it can wait a bit longer. 



I lucked out with how close a match this cabinet was with what already existed. There are some minor details that you notice close up, but otherwise, it blends in really well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Card 2023

 In an effort to be more environmentally friendly this year (and because we ran out of time to send anything before the New Year), we have t...